Important Notice About Your Privacy
At Utica First our goal is to professionally and respectfully serve the personal and business insurance needs of our customers. Information that you provide or we collect about you when you apply for insurance or when you file a claim helps us to achieve that goal. You provide us with most of the information about you that we use in evaluating your application and servicing your insurance policy or your claim. This enables us to provide coverage to you at the best price or to service your claim promptly and fairly.
We do not disclose any non-public personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law.
What types of information does Utica First collect about you?
We collect non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others.
- Information we receive from inspection or audit functions and, if applicable, state motor vehicle records.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
What information do we share with our affiliated companies?
- We share non-public personal information about our customers or former customers with our affiliated companies only as permitted by law.
- In some cases, this may mean information can be disclosed to our affiliated companies without your authorization.
What information do we disclose to nonaffiliated third parties?
- We share non-public personal information about our customers or former customers to nonaffiliated third parties only as permitted by law.
- We do not disclose your non-public personal information to nonaffiliated third parties for the purposes of marketing the products or services of any third party.
- In some cases, this may mean information can be disclosed to nonaffiliated third parties without your authorization.
What measures are taken by Utica First to protect your information?
- We limit access to non-public personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide you with products or to provide you benefits or services under them.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with state and federal regulations to guard your non-public personal information.
- We limit the collection and disclosure of non-public information to information necessary and relevant to the conduct of our business.
- We collect information only by legitimate means.
You have the right to obtain access to certain items of information we have collected about you, and you have the further right to request correction of information if you feel it is inaccurate.
We would be pleased to tell you more about our policies and procedures for the privacy of your information. Questions or requests about your privacy should be addressed to:
Utica First Insurance Company
P.O. Box 851
Utica, NY 13503-0851
Remember to include your name, address, policy number or claim number, and daytime phone number.
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT (PUBLIC LAW 91-508) UTICA FIRST INSURANCE COMPANY ADVISES THAT AS PART OF OUR ROUTINE PROCEDURE IN REVIEWING APPLICATIONS FOR INSURANCE OR RENEWALS OF INSURANCE POLICIES, WE MAY PROCURE A CONSUMER REPORT INCLUDING INFORMATION AS TO THE CONSUMER'S CHARACTER, GENERAL REPUTATION, PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS OR MODE OF LIVING. IF SUCH INSURANCE IS FOR AN INDIVIDUAL AND IS PRIMARILY FOR PERSONAL, FAMILY, OR HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES, SUCH INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED THROUGH PERSONAL INTERVIEWS WITH NEIGHBORS, FRIENDS, OR OTHERS WITH WHOM THE CONSUMER IS ACQUAINTED.
UPON REQUEST TO UTICA FIRST INSURANCE COMPANY AS NOTED ABOVE, WE WILL PROVIDE IN WRITING A COMPLETE AND ACCURATE DISCLOSURE OF THE NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE CONSUMER REPORT REQUESTED OR ADVISE THAT NONE WAS REQUESTED.