Utica First Insurance Company offers continuing opportunity for personal career growth.
The Utica First Team
Utica First has a "team" of employees and has been serving the insurance needs of families and businesses for over 100 years.
Interested in joining our team? Below are the some topics to help you explore the opportunities and advantages of becoming a Utica First employee.
Some of the career options are:
Personal Lines Underwriting
This department is responsible for the initial approval or rejection of applications for insurance and the continued monitoring of profitability of the homeowners, tenants, and landlords policy programs.
The underwriters and underwriting assistants are also accountable for the preparation and pricing of policies for personal lines property and casualty insurance. Applications for insurance are submitted to them by independent agents. The underwriter may accept, reject or modify the terms of insurance requested. To assist them in their analysis, underwriters often utilize inspections of the properties.
Commercial Lines Underwriting
This department is responsible for initial approval or rejections of applications for insurance and the continued monitoring the profitability of insurance policy types common to businesses.
The underwriters and underwriting assistants are also accountable for the preparation and pricing of policies for commercial lines property and casualty insurance. Applications for insurance are submitted to them by independent agents. The underwriter may accept, reject or modify the terms of insurance requested. To assist them in their analysis, underwriters often utilize inspections of the properties.
This department is responsible for the preparation and distribution of incoming / outgoing mail and the organization of the company records for every policyholder.
The employees of this department record all applications for insurance or quote requests when received into our computer system's monitoring program to insure that prompt service is provided.
The Claims Department provides the insured with experienced adjustment for fair and prompt settlements. They are committed to solving and answering questions.
The Accounting Department is responsible for premium collection, commission payment, account reconciliation, investment accounting, vendor payment, tax payment, cash management, general ledger, financial reporting and mandatory external filings. The staff is available to help with questions regarding any of the above items as well as questions regarding billing plans and invoices or notices received.
Our Information Systems Department is committed to deliver high quality, error free, on-time services and products to both the internal and external customers of Utica First. Our Information Systems staff is responsible for implementing new technology that will help in the communication with our agents and policyholders.
Advantages of Working at Utica First
- We have a family-like atmosphere.
- We will support your individual goals and professional development.
- Since the success of the company ultimately depends on the combined efforts of our employees, we are vitally interested in their personal and professional growth. As they continue to develop and advance, the Company will become a stronger organization that is better equipped to meet the challenges of tomorrow. Every employee is important to our success.
- The Company provides reimbursement to regular employees for tuition, books, and fees associated with approved professional certifications and designations and other specified expenses incurred while pursuing professional self development programs.
Our Benefits Plan
- 401K plan
- Health care insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Generous Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Long-term Disability
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Experienced Liability Claims Examiner.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to investigation, evaluation, negotiation and resolution of 3rd party claims. Proper coverage analysis, exposure recognition and vendor management required. Claims Examiner will be expected to communicate extensively with all parties concerning the claim process.
Consideration Given to Candidates that have the Following Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years General Liability experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Labor Law knowledge preferred
- Excellent Diary management is necessary
- Excellent communication skills required
- AIC or CPCU a plus
- State licensing in Connecticut & Florida beneficial
Candidates with the right skill set will be considered for telecommunicating or working from a remote office location.
How to Apply
If you are interested in employment with Utica First Insurance Company, please forward your resumé and salary requirements to email@example.com, or mail to:
Utica First Insurance Company
PO Box 851
Utica, NY 13503-0851
Utica First is an equal opportunity employer.