When should I report a loss?
As soon as you became aware that something has happened you need to report the matter immediately to your agent. A delay in reporting could jeopardize coverage under the policy.
What to do if you have a claim
- Immediately report the claim to your agent. If you do not have your agents contact information, use the search field at the bottom of this page to locate your agent by zip code.
- Have your policy number ready to give to your agent if possible
- If this is an emergency click here.
- Assess the situation and look for any potential hazards. If a hazard exists, take appropriate action to correct the hazard.
- If your house has been burglarized contact your local police immediately.
- If your bank information or credit/debit cards have been stolen, notify your bank or credit card company as soon as possible.
- Create a room-by-room inventory of damages/stolen property. Separate items that may be repaired.
- In the event of an injury, contact the appropriate emergency services to help the injured party. Provide only as much first aid as you have been trained to give.
- If your home is uninhabitable:
- Find temporary housing for you and your family.
- Keep receipts for all expenses incurred while out of your home.
- Notify your agent of you living situation, including contact information.
- If your business is no longer able to function as usual:
- Inform your agent of the cease in business as soon as possible.
- Keep a record of expenses incurred while your business is delayed.